5 years ago, I went on my first date with a man. A man that I would soon fall in love with. A man that would ask for my hand in marriage in Austin, TX on January 2, 2015. A man I will eventually marry.
5 years ago my heart became whole. My soulmate was found. I sure do love this man. Cheers to 5 years, and many more!
Five Things I’ve Eaten This Week
2. Chicken Cacciatore. A simple chicken meal I have thrown together a couple of times for Wade and I. Definitely a favorite weeknight meal go-to.
3. Plenty of plaintain chips. Can’t get enough
4. Also can’t get enough stovetop popcorn. The recipe is simple. Add 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil to a pot heated over medium-high, throw in 3 popcorn kernels and wait until 1 pops. After 1 pops, add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels. Cover pot with lid, continue to shake and move around popcorn until it has slowed down substantially. Pour into bowl, season with salt and nutritional yeast.
5. A lunch date with Jess at Marakesh restaurant in Austin. Plenty of greek salads, pita bread, and baba ganoush!
Five Things Happening This Week
- I signed up for the Warrior Dash! What have I gotten myself into? The Warrior Dash (similar to a mud run) is a 5k obstacle course race that travels around the country. I’m signed up to attend my first mud run/warrior dash in March next year. Luckily I have my good blogger buddy, Jessica, from Desserts with Benefits, as my partner in this adventure. We’re both not really runners so this should be interesting! It’s meant to be fun. And fun we shall have!
- Binge watching Game of Thrones. This is the latest obsession of Wade and I both as far as TV shows go. IT’S SO DAMN GOOD! We are already near the end of Season 2 and we’ve been watching at least 1 episode a night for the past 2 weeks.
- A LOVE drop at my office! The folks over at LoveGrown Foods generously supplied a HUGE box full of LoveGrown breakfast cereals and oatmeals for my work office here in Austin. This work family of mine has quickly become some of my favorite people. I love all of them, so it’s only appropriate I share the love from LoveGrown foods with them as well.
- Painting with a Twist date night with the girls from my office. Our painting was “paint your pet, pop art style”. I elected to paint my beloved Patch. Who I miss so much! He lives back at my mother’s house in Arkansas. It was a great night. How can you go wrong with painting and drinking wine with some girlfriends?
- Wade and I are off to San Antonio for the weekend. It will be my first time visiting. I cannot wait to explore the riverwalk area, see the Alamo (I’ve been told to expect to be underwhelmed), and eat lots of yummy San Antonio food!
Five Links I Loved
1. 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Balanced Berry
Easy. Healthy. Cookies. Enough said.
2. Science Says Lasting Relationships come down to 2 Basic Traits by Business Insider
As Wade and I are celebrating our 5 years, I can say this article rings true. They are of utmost importance.
3. 5 Ab Exercises you can do anywhere by Life in Leggings
I’ve been focusing on working more on my abs lately. They need the most work, especially while getting ready for the abundance of food during the holidays coming up.
4. Holiday Sangria by Decor and the Dog
I’m a huge fan of sangria. This recipe sounds delicious!
5. Holiday Hustle workout by Tone it Up
A great workout routine I’ve been using often. It’s quick and efficient.
Linking up with Friday Favorites on Life in Leggings and Marvelous Monday on Healthy Diva Life.
Have you ever participated in a mud run or Warrior Dash race?
Do you watch Game of Thrones?