When you think of indulging yourself with a treat, what do you think of? Perhaps ice cream? Perhaps a boozy cocktail? Why not both? Yes, my friends, there is now boozy ice cream and it has to be something sent down from the heavens.
Five Things I’m Loving Lately
- Prohibition Creamery. Alcoholic ice cream is a thing – did you know? And right here in Austin, TX Prohibition Creamery is leading the trend. The Austin Food Bloggers Alliance group along with some local Instagrammers got together to sample some unique flavors. Spookydough is one of the ice creams they offer without alcohol but it’s definitely one of the best cookie dough ice creams I’ve ever had. Sangria sorbet had the strongest flavor of alcohol in my opinion and, boy, was it good! If you’re a wine lover, you’ll fall head over heels for it. And the Black Magic is a seasonal flavor – for Halloween obviously. Made with activated charcoal, coconut ash, and cacao liquor you’ll never believe black ice cream can taste so good. They also offer a variety of cocktails if you don’t want to have your alcohol in your ice cream. Or you need a little extra alcohol on the side.
- LoveGrown Foods Bats & Boos cereal. If you’ve been following me for a while you already know LoveGrown Foods makes one of my favorite lines of cereal. This cereal is different because it’s all made with beans. Who says you can’t have beans for breakfast? And I promise you, you can’t tell they’re bean-based. The Bats & Boos is a limited edition cereal for Halloween. Check out LoveGrown Foods’ website to see if they’re at a store near you and grab some before they’re gone!
- Couples costumes. Keeping with the Halloween theme, I can’t believe I finally convinced Wade to do a Halloween couple’s costume with me. Granted, I knew he might not mind “dressing up” for this costume because there’s a very limited amount of dressing up he has to do. I don’t have a picture yet as we’re having our Halloween party with a costume contest at work today, but let the picture below give you an idea.
- Wedding planning. Three more big things have been checked off of our list! The videographer is booked, the catering is planned, and I have a professional makeup artist set to do mine and the bridesmaids’ makeup. We’re going with BBQ for the catering – pulled chicken, pulled pork, green beans, black eyed peas, and mashed sweet potatoes. With sweet and unsweet tea, of course. I’m hoping to knock out the plans for our bartender soon. And the professional makeup artist is actually Wade’s stepsister. Thank you, Breanne!
- Hiking. The Fall weather hasn’t quite reached Austin yet but that doesn’t mean we aren’t already taking advantage of the slightly (when I say slightly, I mean temperatures in the mid- to upper-80’s instead of the 90’s) cooler weather. My mother was in town for her birthday a couple of weekends ago and we took her to one of my favorite spots in Austin – Hamilton Pool. If you’re ever in the Austin area you MUST go here. It’s a work of pure beauty. I have plans to take a fellow coworker to some top Austin hiking spots known for their amazing views this weekend.
I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween weekend!
Full Disclosure: I was invited to try Prohibition Creamery for free. I was not compensated otherwise to write about Prohibition Creamery and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Linking up with Heather for Friday Favorites
Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? Would you try boozy ice cream?