It’s been a while since I’ve done a Friday Favorites.
I just feel like there has been so much going on lately that a Friday Favorites to update you all and just chat about this sweet, sweet, Summer seemed appropriate.
Five Things I’m Loving Lately
- This Lexus concept car. Oooohhhmyyygooodness. If you didn’t know, I’m actually a huge fan of cars. Wade is a car nerd and I loved the Fast and the Furious movies long before I even met him. His car love has only fueled my own (ha! get it?). This Lexus was a concept car (as in, it’s not even for sale yet) at the most recent Cars and Coffee we attended a couple weekends ago. Um, yes, I’ll take one.
- Vietnamese food in Northwest Arkansas. If you’re ever in the Northwest Arkansas area, you MUST try Saiwok. I’m not a huge Vietnamese food fan, or at least I didn’t think I was until I tried Saiwok. Wade and I were able to make a trip to Arkansas to visit our friends and families for a couple of weeks in early July since my company allows us to work from anywhere the entire month of July and Wade is currently (un)funemployed. I know we have a lot of food options in Austin, but I’ve been craving Saiwok like crazy since we got back. I went there twice while visiting Arkansas.
- My job. Is it weird to say you love your job? I actually missed going into the office and interacting with my coworkers for the entire month of July. I really think more companies should do a work-from-anywhere month because I felt fully recharged and ready to kick ass and work hard once I got back.
- This peanut dipping sauce. I have yet to make the spring rolls in this recipe, but I made the peanut dipping sauce a couple of days ago to take to work for lunch along with some veggies cut up for dipping. Holy moly, I’m addicted.
- Rain. All you need to do is experience a Texas Summer and you’ll know what I mean. A break in the extreme sun and heat is fantastic.
Five Things Going On
- As I mentioned above, Wade is (un)funemployed and has been since the end of May. He was laid off from his job. It’s been a challenging time on the both of us and I can’t put into words how much I feel for him. I experienced that same thing when I moved to Austin. It’s not easy to keep getting rejected in a bigger city where there are probably more experienced people competing for the same job. Please send good vibes his way, he needs a job soon.
- Football season is coming up! Enough said.
- Going to San Francisco soon. Wade and I had planned on taking a vacation to the Virgin Islands until he got laid off. We switched our plan to someplace more domestic where we knew we could get a great deal. Flights from Austin to Oakland, just outside of San Francisco, are not only cheap but also direct. And we found a couple of awesome Airbnbs to stay in for great prices. Who says you can’t take a frugal vacation and still have fun? If you have any San Francisco recommendations please send them my way. I’ve never been to California.
- Wedding planning is in full swing as it’s down to 265 days until the big day. While we were in Arkansas I managed to tour our venue for the first time, secure a band to play for part of our wedding day, and secure our photographer. Next up is catering.
- Some deep thinking going on here. Made me laugh.
Five Links I Love
- Peanut butter hummus brownies. This is a thing?! I’ve seen chickpeas and black beans in brownies, but not hummus itself.
- The best oatmeal M&M chocolate chip cookies. Why are colorful cookies so fun? Whether it’s sprinkles or M&M’s.
- One of my new favorite quick cardio workouts from the Tone it Up team.
- Best easy honey lemon chicken. Already made it once and it was divine, and super easy just as promised!
- This Iceland travel diary actually made me want to go to Iceland. Some day.
Linking up with Heather for Friday Favorites
What did you do to get through funemployment?
What is your dream car?