Time for another Friday Favorites!
As you can probably tell by the title of this post, my creativity is lacking today. There hasn’t been too much in the world of exciting stuff going on lately.
Oh! I know something I can briefly talk about. So you know how you come across those relationship articles like “How to keep your Love Alive”, or “How to get out of a Boring Rut in your Relationship”? While I’m no expert in the matter, Wade and I have been through a lot in our 5+ years of being together and we still have episodes of acting like we’ve been married for years and acting like we just started dating. Here’s a good tip:
Play with each other. Like you were little kids again. Tickle each other, make funny faces, tease each other, throw pillows at your spouse, wrestle with them, etc. Never take the fun out of your relationship. Be goofy.
There’s your tip of the day. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately because Wade and I have been especially playful lately and our evenings after work have been filled with lots of laughs, random dancing, and wrestling. Exhibit A:
Also, RIP to David Bowie and Alan Rickman. The world lost two great entertainers this week. I watched The Labyrinth movie with David Bowie about a billion times as I was growing up as a child. And Alan Rickman was an extraordinary actor, not just in Harry Potter, but in so many movies.
Things I Ate this Week
- Mexican chicken and cornbread bake. Guys, this was amazing. No pictures yet, because you will see them next week when I put up the entire recipe. Trust me, it’s a good one. It exceeded my expectations.
- Purely Elizabeth Pumpkin Fig Granola. I won this granola in a prize pack from The Spicy RD a while back and I just broke into it this week. This stuff is highly addicting. Some of the best store bought granola I’ve ever had!
- My Bourbon Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins. With a bit of extra bourbon this time. Because bourbon. In dessert. What’s wrong with that?
- Blaze pizza with Wade. Because we might have a problem…This place is great for a fast, easy, cheap pizza that’s also delicious times a billion!
- Almonds, cashews, the occasional sea salt chocolate covered almond (addicting!), and green tea as snacks at work. #workflow
Things Going On This Week
- Tuesday was National Hot Tea Day! I found this quote in celebration. I drink A LOT of hot tea. While my coworkers are chugging their morning coffee, I’m happy to be sipping on my morning green tea.
2. Wade and I attended a wedding this past weekend. It was for my coworker. We had a lot of fun, especially with all of my friends from work. Congratulations, Fallon and Rodney!
3. I won this coloring book from a giveaway a while back and it was delivered to me a couple of weeks ago. The title of the coloring book is “Spirit Animals”. As I was flipping through the pages, I noticed there was a honey badger in the book! This is our work office’s mascot! Because a honey badger is known for it’s fearlessness, tenacity, ambition,
4. Speaking of spirit animals, I rocked this shirt this week at work. Wade and four of his best buds each have a matching “wolf pack” shirt. So Wade surprised me with my own contribution to the Wolf Pack. I love this shirt.
5. Monday night consisted of viewings of the College National Championship football game (Roll Tide!) and The Bachelor. That’s what I call balance in a relationship. Are you watching The Bachelor?! Do you have a favorite yet? I have a crazy story relating to that: Caila, one of the girls on the Bachelor this season, actually went to my high school for freshman and sophomore year! I thought she looked familiar when she came on the television on the first episode and then it was confirmed from one of my Facebook friends from high school. Crazy! So, obviously I am Team Caila. 🙂
Five Links I Loved
- What your F-Bomb Habit says about your Intelligence by MindBodyGreen This is just f***ing awesome. I hope it’s right!
2. How to Beat the January Blues by Suzie Speaks
January can be hard. And COLD. Is it Spring yet?
3. 14 Habits of People who Always stay Fit by Healthy Fit Way
Read number 1 on this list! It just takes a little effort, people.
4. The Most Important Question of your Life by Mark Manson
This is a deep one. Highly recommend. It will change your way of thinking about your dreams.
5. 5 Good Reasons to Exercise (That don’t have to do with Weight Loss) by Brides
Since I’ve been browsing many wedding related blogs lately…gotta get ready for the big day!
Linking up with Friday Favorites on Life in Leggings and Marvelous Monday on Healthy Diva Life.
Are you watching The Bachelor? Do give me your feedback!
If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?