Two Friday Favorites posts in a row? Who am I? I have no idea how I am finding time to do these Friday Favorites, particularly with how busy life has been getting lately. It will only get busier as the holidays approach, I’m sure.
For Thanksgiving, my mother is visiting Wade and I in Austin this weekend until next Wednesday. And then on that Wednesday Wade and I are driving to Tyler, TX to spend time with some of his extended family for Thanksgiving day. Bring on the Thanksgiving feasts!
Here’s the latest:
Five Things I Ate this Week
- Many mugs of this homemade hot chocolate. Recipe a la Yeah. . . Imma Eat That. So simple and so good!
- Lots of stove top popcorn with sea salt and nutritional yeast. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
Torchy’s Tacos for lunch on Wednesday. It’s an Austin staple. By far one of the best places to get tacos in the entire state of Texas, I can assure you. They really are “damn good”
- Pumpkin Spice Bars, courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction. I made them for a coworker and good friend of mine who is leaving our office at the end of the month. Plus his birthday is coming up on Friday. I blocked out my company name for privacy and security reasons. Everyone at the office raved about these. Thanks for the recipe, Sally!
- I received my first cookies by mail for the Food Blogger Cookie Swap of 2015! I participated in the FB Cookie Swap last year for the first time and loved it so much that I had to participate this year as well. I think I have an idea of what type of cookies I will be making to send out to my 3 matches. I’m planning on experimenting this weekend and getting them sent out soon. In the meantime, I received my first cookies from one of my first matches. I don’t want to go into too many details yet, as all the cookies and recipes will be revealed later in December, but I can tell you that I was impressed by my first cookie treats!
Five Things Going On
- In reference to the title, my mother is coming to visit Wade and I this weekend! She is flying in late Friday night and staying until next Wednesday. I get to soak up all the mother-daughter time. Woot! This will be her first time to visit Austin. Wade and I are pumped to show her our new city. We’re even having a mini Thanksgiving dinner while she’s here. I have a recipe coming for you next week that I will be including in our mini feast — my famous sweet sesame green beans.
- I have joined Kaila’s #changeourfitspo challenge. Kaila started this project last year and is running it again this year. The premise was to take you most hated fitspo photo and ‘revise’ it to make it positive and encouraging. This is an example from last year’s roundup. Head over to Kaila’s blog, Healthy Helper, to add your own photo to the project!
- Still laughing over this little tidbit from Aziz Ansari. Too true. Wade and I were together for 4+ years before we got engaged.
- Game of Thrones, Season 4. Wade and I are flying through this series. So addicting! I didn’t expect it to be as violent and revealing (as in, nudity) as it has been. Other series I am currently watching include The Blacklist (still one of my favorites), Scandal (it’s getting boring), Vampire Diaries (getting tired of this one), and How to Get Away with Murder (love it!)
- My levels of want for a cat keep steadily increasing. After leaving my two cats back home with my mother after we moved to Austin I have been craving some kitty love like no other. Hopefully I can convince Wade in the near future. Maybe as a Christmas gift?…
Five Links I Loved
- Top 10 Budget Friendly Foods by Everyday Health
I agree with this list, and use all of them frequently except canned salmon. I just can’t do canned fish…fresh or frozen fish all the way.
2. Thanksgiving Cinnamon Candied Pecans by PaleOMG
So easy to make, and so addicting. I love candied nuts!
3. Top 10 Exercises for a Tighter, Toner Tush by Lifting Revolution
Admittedly, Wade’s favorite body part on me is my booty. So I like to keep it in tip top shape. Not just for him, but for my own pride as well.
4. What to look for in Google Analytics by Blog Ambitions
Good tips here. Especially if you’re new to tracking Google Analytics for your blog
Linking up with Friday Favorites on Life in Leggings and Marvelous Monday on Healthy Diva Life.