I was recently tagged by Elsie over at her lovely blog, Sharing Healthiness to complete a survey. This has been a popular questionairre going around lately in the blogging world so I was thrilled to join in on the fun. Thank you so much, Elsie!
Feel free to play along and answer some of these questions yourself in the comments!
Four names that people call me (other than my real name):
- Nilyak — My father originally gave me this name as a child. It’s my name spelled backwards. Catchy, right?
- Kayleno — Inspired by Jay Leno, a friend of mine started calling me this in junior high.
- Honey — Commonly called this name either by my boyfriend, my mother, or another random nice Southern person.
- Kaitlyn (or any other form of the name) — This usually happens when people don’t understand my name is Kaylin, NOT Kaitlyn. I commonly have to introduce myself as “Hi, my name is Kaylin! It’s like ‘Kaitlyn’, but without the ‘T'”.
Four jobs I have had:
- Customer Service Rep. at Rue 21
- Tutor in college for student athletes
- Breakfast attendant at Doubletree Hotel
- Social Media Asst. for a local Artist Retreat Center
*Also currently job searching for my “big girl” career since graduating college last December….Oh the wonderful joys of what seems to be the never endless job-searching*
Four movies I would have watched more than once:
- Fast and the Furious (I am a huge fan of the whole series)
- Tangled (one of my favorite Disney movies)
- Little Miss Sunshine
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (probably my favorite Christmas movie of all time)
Four books I’d recommend:
- Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Sammelsson by Marcus Sammelsson (the famous chef)
- Men are Like Wine by Anne Violette (this book was a lifesaver guide for me to better understand wines)
- The Selection Series
- How to Kill a Mockingbird
Three places I have lived:
- Bentonville, AR
- Bella Vista, AR
- Fayetteville, AR (while in dorms for college)
Proud of my home state!
Also proud to say I made this myself.
Four places I have been:
- Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Destin, FL
- Kansas City, MO
- New Orleans, LA
Wade and I on our vacation to New Orleans
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- On a beach sipping a strawberry daiquiri
- Costa Rica
- ANYWHERE WARMER THAN HERE (I’m having a hard time accepting Winter)
- Hanging out with Wade
Four things I don’t eat:
- Cilantro (get that stuff out of my guacamole! *I’m looking at you, Chipotle*)
- Rice (it’s a texture thing)
Four of my favorite foods:
- Dark Chocolate
- Sweet Potatoes
- Seafood (in particular, salmon and crab)
This is one of my favorite recipes featured on my blog–dark chocolate avocado truffles
Four TV shows that I watch:
- How to Get Away with Murder
- House, MD (Still one of the best TV shows ever, in my opinion)
- Everybody Loves Raymond (I can watch reruns ALL the time)
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
- Thanksgiving dinner and Friendsgiving dinners
- First trip to Austin, TX with Wade for New Year’s!
- The Christmas movie marathons on television
- Having excuses to bake up massive amounts of candies, cookies, and sweet treats for Christmas festivities
Four things I’m always saying:
- “Know what I mean?”
- “Definitely” (I definitely use this one WAY too much)
- “That’s ridiculous!”
- “I want to get up and move” (I hate sitting for too long)
Four people I tag to take the survey: